Kelato Betacalm 600gr - 4Kg
BetaCALM provides a comprehensive approach to a common issue with four active ingredients that nutritionally support nervous and anxious horses.
Why do I need it?
They don’t call it the nervous system for nothing! Anxiety affects horses too and stressful experiences can have a significant effect on their mental state. That’s why BetaCALM was formulated- to provide a source of vitamins, minerals and amino acids that may help to reduce nervousness or hyper-reactivity in horses.
How will it help my horse?
BetaCALM has a unique combination of four ingredients to nutritionally support nervous horses without affecting performance.
- Tryptophan: An essential amino acid that stabilises the horse’s mood, reduces anxiety and lessens the stress response. Tryptophan is not produced naturally by the horse and beneficial levels are not found in feed. It is converted in the body to serotonin, which helps to induce a feeling of calmness.
- Thiamine: A B vitamin that plays a vital role in nerve transmission. Hard working horses or those on a high grain, low forage diet may have reduced production of thiamine in the hindgut due to stress or hindgut acidosis.
- Magnesium: Important for cell metabolism, especially in the nervous system and muscles during work.
- Vitamin E: An antioxidant that helps to protect cell membranes from oxidative damage and maintain normal nerve and other functions.
The specific levels of Tryptophan, Thiamine, Magnesium, Vitamin E may help to actively reduce the stress response during training, travelling and competition. With Thiamine’s important role in energy metabolism and nerve transmission, and Tryptophan’s role in the inhibition of stress and fear, deficiencies of these nutrients may cause anxiety, mental confusion and failure of muscle co-ordination in animals. On top of this, Magnesium has been found to reduce reactivity in horses.
Benefits of BetaCALM:
- Effective- Nutritionally supports horses exhibiting nervous behaviour due to dietary deficiencies.
- Balanced- Optimum levels of all key ingredients.
- Performance- Helps to calm your horse without affecting performance.
- Safe- Does not contain any prohibited substances.
- Easy to use- Top dress your horse’s feed.
Remember, there are many factors that can cause undesirable behaviour in horses including diet, age, training, housing, pain and digestive conditions. It is best to discuss your horse’s diet and history to determine whether changes in feeding and management of practices are also required to reduce anxious behaviour. To help manage nervous horses, try providing constant access to forage, small meals and reduce starch/sugar in the diet. Also, decreasing stable time and providing equine company is very beneficial for mental health.
DAILY: Mix 30g of BetaCALM per 450kg body weight into the feed daily. Use for as long as required to alleviate the nervous symptoms
PRE-RACE/COMPETITION: Mix 90g per 450kg body weight into the feed daily for the 2-3 days prior to racing or competition
Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1) 1000mg/30g; Magnesium 8000mg/30g; Tryptophan 1000mg/30g and Vitamin E 1000mg/30g